10 top attractions in Bahariya Oasis
Bahariya Oasis is a must-visit destination in Egypt. Explore 10 top attractions in Bahariya Oasis , the White and Black Deserts, Crystal Mountain, Tombs of the Nobles, Temple of Alexander the Great, Bir El-Ghaba hot spring, and more. Enjoy panoramic views from English Mountain, relax in El-Haize Oasis, and experience the desert on camel riding or off-road tours. With unique rock formations, ancient history, and natural wonders, Bahariya Oasis has something for everyone.
The 10 top attractions in Bahariya Oasis
- White Desert National Park: The White Desert is a unique landscape that consists of white sandstone rock formations that have been shaped by wind and weather over time. The area is popular for camping, stargazing, and hiking, and visitors can take a tour to explore the formations up close.
- Black Desert: The Black Desert is located just south of the White Desert and is named for its dark volcanic rock formations that contrast with the surrounding sand dunes. Visitors can explore the area on foot or by camel and take in the unique landscape.
- Crystal Mountain: This mountain is made of quartz crystals that sparkle in the sunlight, creating a beautiful and otherworldly sight. Visitors can hike to the top of the mountain to enjoy the views or simply marvel at the crystals up close.
- Tombs of the Nobles: These tombs date back to the 26th dynasty and are located in the nearby town of Qasr El-Bawiti. The tombs feature colorful wall paintings and well-preserved structures that give a glimpse into ancient Egyptian life and beliefs.
- Temple of Alexander the Great: This temple is located in the nearby town of Ain El-Muftella and dates back to the Ptolemaic period. It is dedicated to the god Amun and was named after Alexander the Great, who is believed to have visited the oasis during his conquest of Egypt.
- Bir El-Ghaba: This historic well dates back to the Pharaonic era and was an important source of water for travelers and caravans passing through the oasis. Visitors can still see the well and the surrounding structures that were built to support it.
- Hot springs: Bahariya Oasis is known for its natural hot springs, which are believed to have therapeutic properties and are a relaxing way to spend an afternoon. Visitors can soak in the warm water and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.
- English Mountain: This scenic hill is named after British soldiers who camped here during World War II and offers great views of the oasis and surrounding desert. Visitors can hike to the top of the mountain or explore the surrounding area by camel or off-road vehicle.
- El-Haize Oasis: This smaller oasis is located within Bahariya Oasis and features a lake, palm trees, and is a great spot for bird watching. Visitors can explore the area on foot or by camel and take in the natural beauty of the oasis.
- Camel riding and off-road tours: There are various tour operators in Bahariya Oasis that offer camel rides and off-road tours of the area. Visitors can explore the various attractions and landscapes of the oasis on a guided tour or simply rent a camel and explore on their own.