Best Things to do in Cairo
Cairo, the vibrant capital of Egypt, boasts a rich history dating back thousands of years and a diverse range of attractions to cater to every interest. Whether you’re fascinated by ancient wonders, captivated by bustling bazaars, or seeking cultural immersion, Cairo holds something special for you.
Here are some of the best things you can do in Cairo:
Cairo, the vibrant capital of Egypt, is a city rich in history, culture, and activities. Here are some of the best things to do in Cairo:
- Giza Pyramids and Sphinx:
- Visit the iconic Giza Plateau to see the Great Pyramid of Khufu, the Pyramid of Khafre, the Pyramid of Menkaure, and the Sphinx. Take a camel ride or explore the pyramids from the inside.
- Egyptian Museum:
- Explore the Egyptian Museum in Tahrir Square, home to an extensive collection of ancient Egyptian artifacts, including the treasures of Tutankhamun.
- Khan El Khalili Bazaar:
- Immerse yourself in the bustling atmosphere of this historic market. Shop for souvenirs, jewelry, spices, and traditional crafts. Don’t forget to haggle!
- Islamic Cairo:
- Wander through the narrow streets of Islamic Cairo to explore historic mosques, madrasas, and the vibrant local life. Visit the Citadel of Saladin and the Mosque of Muhammad Ali for panoramic views of the city.
- Coptic Cairo:
- Discover the rich Christian heritage of Cairo by visiting the Hanging Church (Saint Virgin Mary’s Coptic Orthodox Church), the Coptic Museum, and the Church of St. Sergius and Bacchus.
- Nile River Cruise:
- Enjoy a relaxing cruise along the Nile River. Many dinner cruises offer a combination of a scenic view, delicious food, and traditional entertainment.
- Al-Azhar Park:
- Relax in this beautifully landscaped park, offering stunning views of Islamic Cairo and the Citadel. It’s a great place to escape the hustle and bustle of the city.
- Muizz Street:
- Stroll along Al-Muizz Street, one of the oldest streets in Cairo, lined with historic buildings, mosques, and markets. The street comes alive at night with lights and street vendors.
- City of the Dead:
- Explore the historical cemetery of Cairo, known as the City of the Dead. It’s a unique and tranquil place with elaborate tombs and mausoleums.
- Sound and Light Show at the Pyramids:
- Experience the Giza Pyramids in a different light with the Sound and Light Show, which narrates the history of the pyramids through a multimedia presentation.
- Tahrir Square:
- Visit Tahrir Square, a central hub that has played a significant role in modern Egyptian history. It’s a place where you can witness the pulse of the pulse of the city.
- Learn about the ancient art of papyrus making: Discover the secrets of this traditional Egyptian art form. Watch skilled artisans create papyrus paper and learn about its history and significance.
- Take a Felucca ride on the Nile River: Enjoy a peaceful cruise along the iconic Nile River. Witness the city’s skyline from a unique perspective and experience the tranquility of the river.