The Library of Alexandria is a reconstruction of the library of ancient Alexandria, one of the largest libraries of its time, where the library was rebuilt in a location close to the old library.
” The Bibliotheca Alexandrina ” is the fourth largest library of Francophone in the world, and the second-largest library after ” the New York Library “.
Contain a large collection of books estimated at 2 million books.
The library opened in 2002.
The best activities you can do in the library
The library has 6 museums
- Museum of Antiquities: includes a variety of ages of Egyptian civilization since the beginning of the Pharaonic until the Islāmic age through many other civilizations, including Greek.
- The museum is about 1080 pieces of relics.
- The Museum of Manuscripts. It is one of the academic centers.
- Museum of microfilm
- The Museum of Science History ( which presents the Pharaonic Section, the Greek Section and the Department of Arabic and Islāmic Sciences )
- The Museum of rare vessels.
Which has the treasures of collectibles including the original manuscripts, rare books, maps, ancient coins, personal holdings of celebrities, valuable contributions to the library?
After completing your tour between museums and library sections, you can go to the Bibliotheca Alexandrina Planetarium, where you will have a beautiful view overlooking Alexandria city.
Really !! is one of the best places in Egypt.
It’s part of our Alexandria day tour from Cairo, for a full-day tour visiting major sites in Alexandria,
” Citadel of Qaitbay “, ” Catacombs ” and Pompey’s Pillar.
Opening hours :
Sunday to Thursday: 10.00 am to 7.00 pm.
Friday: 14:00 to 7.00 pm.
Saturday: 12:00 to 16:00.